Chemtex’s High pH RO Antiscalants are super-threshold RO membrane antiscalants and antifoulants which is able to stabilize a wide range of supersaturated salt solutions, thereby preventing the precipitation on the membrane surface.
It reduces the risk of scaling and eliminates the use of hazardous acids, resulting in efficient plant operation with highest possible conversion rate.
It is a very effective antiscalant for waters with LSI up to +2.6, Iron up to 1.2ppm in reject, Silica up to 166ppm (or mg/l), High SDI.
It is effective in minimizing scaling in presence of foulants like Calcium Carbonate, Sulfate salts of Calcium, Barium, Strontium and Magnesium, Calcium Fluoride, Iron and Silica. Equivalent or even better than MAXTREAT 9004, MAXTREAT 9005, MAXTREAT 9008 and MAXTREAT 9511 from THERMAX; INDION 8110 and INDION 8111 from ION EXCHANGE; PERMATREAT PC 191, PERMATREAT PC 191t and PERMATREAT PC 1020 from NALCO; DREWSPERSE range of products from CHEMBOND ASHLAND; HYPERSPERSE range of products from GE WATER etc. Application:
- RO, NF, UF, MF Membranes
Dosage and Method:
|Specification ||Properties ||Unit ||Typical Value |
|Form & Appearance ||- ||Pale Yellowish Liquid |
|Odor ||- ||Slightly Alkaline |
|Specific Gravity ||- ||1.20 ± 0.05 |
|pH (Neat) ||pH ||10.50 ± 1.00 |
|Solubility in Water ||% ||100 |
- Chemtex’s High pH RO Antiscalants are dosed directly to the RO feed water tank or feed water line (after pretreatment) at the minimum recommended dosage of 1ppm and maximum dosage at 15ppm, subject to inlet water quality and parameters such as Calcium hardness, Iron content, TDS, Alkalinity, pH and Silica content etc.
In addition with that, Chemtex’s General Purpose RO Antiscalants are capable of minimizing scaling in presence of various foulants of RO feed water with low pH.
Chemtex also offers High Silica RO Antiscalants to prevent scaling formed by RO feed water containing high silica.
It is dosed exactly as per the dosage rate and method of MAXTREAT 9004, MAXTREAT 9005, MAXTREAT 9008 and MAXTREAT 9511 from THERMAX; INDION 8110 and INDION 8111 from ION EXCHANGE; PERMATREAT PC 191, PERMATREAT PC 191t and PERMATREAT PC 1020 from NALCO; DREWSPERSE range of products from CHEMBOND ASHLAND; HYPERSPERSE range of products from GE WATER etc.
Please refer to your CSL service engineer for exact product dosage.Key Features and Major Benefits:-
- Effective scale inhibition
- Alkalinity builder
- High recovery rate
- Low chemical dosage
- Cost Effective
- Effective Iron fouling control by sequestration
- Reduced frequency of membrane cleaning
- Compatible with all types of membranes
- Completely organic and biodegradable
- Excellent threshold inhibitor of alkaline earth scales
- Excellent crystal distorter
- Consistent product quality